Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

For Sale:
Lake Front Property!!

Great Bargain! Needs work. Potential is high if you like doing really hard manual labor. Comes with really old, leaking and falling down barn, old iron everywhere, and it's very own yacht tied to a docking post.

Please leave a comment if you have questions. Act quickly, seller will not be as motivated as soon as the water disperses and she can quit shoveling ditches!!

Thank your for you interest in this water front property.

The weather man said it might rain here for a few days. I told Dave the little green boat wasn't big enough for our family. By the time it finishes raining in another 12 hours, we will need an ark. At least it is not under the house yet, we're keeping our fingers crossed. However, our house is surrounded by a mote and I had to drive the kids across the street today to catch the bus. It's anywhere from a skiff to a foot deep in some places on our property. They have evacuated lots of lower towns around us. We are somewhat landlocked on the hill we live on. They closed many area's of Hwy 410 and the back roads are all flooded with overflowing creeks that are everywhere around here.

We shoveled rock and used railroad ties at our new rental to keep it dryer. Our poor renter couldn't get out either door because it was about 3 to 5 inches deep right up to the steps. After blocking the front ditch we did make some progress and got the water to go around the house.

Below are some more pictures. Sometimes, you just have to love living in Washington!! Stay Dry everyone!!

5 comments:

Jill H said...

Wow, it is hard to comprehend that much water living here in the desert. I'm glad to see that you are all ok (so far) and will be praying it stays that way.

Amye Kay said...

I'll buy it! My goodness...that is nutty. If you go down my street to the stop sign our neighbor is surrounded on all sides of his new house by water. It has been nutty hasn't it! I saw pictures of 410 in Sumner! Stay dry! It was fun to have you and Dave stop by last week.

Anderson Family said...

I can't believe how bad it got! I hear that it's supposed to clear up this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it...Great photos though!

Tiffanee said...

It is endless amount of fun at your house. WIth all the fun things to do you go and decide to own a personal lake. Will you give my kids swim lessons? HA HA! Really, I am glad the water has started to go away and glad that you are fine. Sorry about Friday. Kody had a game and then we cleaned the church. I was too late to even call you. Thanks for being such a good friend!

Heather Zwygart said...

Hey Tina Teresa said you had a blog it is great! Your house looks great I must say it looks alot better without all the water around it! I can't believe all the flooding! I hope the water will go down fast! Thanks for the recipe it looks good I really want to try it!! Hope all wlse is going good! I have a blog also if your interested it's a secure blog but e-mail me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite! hzphoto@comcast.net