Sunday, March 1, 2009

Eating Healthier


In an attempt to become a healthy family, we made a few changes in the Smith house. The first one is the way we eat. This was one of my first attempts and the kids loved it. I baked a Chicken breast rolled with a slice of lean ham and Swiss cheese. Topped with a chicken broth and fat-free cream, thickened slightly, sauce with Mushrooms. Then on the side I made baked potatoes, yams, carrots, and onions. I then seasoned it with vegetable seasoning. The kids loved it and ask for it all the time. I thought it was beautiful and colorful.
The second change we made was we joined a gym. I never thought I would with how hard work is just building and keeping up with gardening and the yard, but I have to say I do enjoy the gym. I really enjoy the classes they offer. I go every day, Dave goes when he doesn't work and the girls goal is 3 times a week. We have been working on this now for about 3 months and so far it has been positive. We all feel better and have more energy. I have lost 3 1/2 inches total over my whole self (most of it in my thighs and neck, if I could only move it more to the middle!! ha-ha) Anyhow, hopefully we will keep it up and by summer we should have lots of success.

3 comments:

Heather Zwygart said...

Good for you Tina that is awesome!!

emily :) said...

This looks wonderful!! :) You're right, very colorful and nutritious!

Teresa said...

That's awesome to hear! Great job!