Monday, December 8, 2008

One of my Favorite Days of the Year!

Well, one of my most favorite days of the year is over. What a bummer!! But I had a great time! How could I not with great food and great friends. Every year Megan Anderson, a friend from church, invites a small group of us to her family cabin on Vashon Island to spend the night. We take lots of food, friendship, and giggles and spend a night getting caught up with each others life. This year we stayed up and played "Bang" and had lots of fun. After a very short night of sleep, we got up and had a yummy breakfast of waffles and then back on the ferryboat to bring us back to reality! Yuck! But I guess it has to be done. I am so thankful my Father in Heaven has blessed me with these women in my life. They are an inspiration to me!!
I joked with them that I get invited each year because I make Peanut Butter Balls that they all love and always forget to give out the recipe, so here it is ladies! Hope you enjoy them as much as I love your frienship!!
Peanut Butter Balls or Buckeyes
1 Cube Butter
1 lb. Powdered Sugar (2 cups)
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter, Plain or Chunky
1 tsp. Vanilla
Melt butter and peanut butter in microwave. Add Powd. sugar and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Roll into balls or spread in a 9x13" glass dish. Press down with wax paper or it will crumble when you eat it. Let harden for 3 to 4 hours.
Melt 12 oz of Chocolate Chips and either dip the balls, or spread over the 9x13" glass dish.
Eat slowly and savor the flavor and dissolving of the powd. sugar in your mouth!! Yummmm!!

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Yummy!! Thanks so much for the recipe. I might have to make these - immediately! :) Thanks again for hanging out with me over the weekend. It wouldn't be the same without you! :)

Amye Kay said...

You are the best! And I love these pb balls. I also would love to know your neighbors cookie receipes! It was so great to see you as always!

Angie Penrose said...

you are right...they are so yummy. i think i might have to make these for our sunday treat. :)